Sunday 18 August 2013

DIY Hot Air Balloon Lampshade

Back in April when we were beginning to look for bigger places to live I started planning Eva's bedroom. I wanted her to have a totally fun nursery with glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, handy bookshelves for her to put her own books back on. Finally the dream is coming together. I had found a hot air balloon shaped lampshade on eBay but unfortunately it sold before I could buy it. I was gutted as thought it would be beautiful for Eva's room.

Instead I found a few possible ideas to MAKE one! I love a bit of a DIY now! LOL

found from Pinterest searching DIY hot air balloon lampshade
 So following this tutorial from Smart School House I started my project. I collect ribbon and knew I could make a go of it. I bought a paper lantern lampshade in pink from eBay. I cut my ribbon to length and glued it to the inside rim as per the tutorial and attached it to a garlic basket from Lidl! ( Thanks Lidl) Finally it was finished!




Ta-dah! Completed hot air balloon lampshade!

Brigid Visser
Professional, creative, media design from CR8:V-Design.
Facebook Twitter Blogger YouTube pinterest
Contact me: Skype brigid.visser

No comments:

Post a Comment